The Washington School Foundation is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to supporting Washington Elementary School.
The Foundation is a Parent Teacher Organization (PTO). Every parent or guardian with a child at Washington School is automatically a member of the PTO. There are no required annual dues to participate.
The Foundation raises funds for essential additions at Washington School, including an Assistant Teacher for each grade, a full-time PE teacher, a Computer Specialist, teacher supplies, field trips, enriching assemblies, art supplies, music supplies, plus a number of other projects and programs that enhance learning at the school.
Our major fundraisers include the Wildcat Pride Annual Appeal, the Winter Gala, the Spring Move-a-thon, and then a variety of Party Books throughout the year. The PTO offers after school enrichment classes, Science Night, the annual Book Fair, plus social events throughout the school year to help us get to know one another and grow as a community.
2017 -2018 Washington School Foundation Board Members
- Ginny Miller, President
- Katie Mahan, Vice President
- Cari Menchaca, VP Communications
- Heath Stewart, Treasurer
- Laura Seawards, Financial Secretary
- Jill Fonte, Recording Secretary
- Kristie Chapman, Board Member
- Brady Charette, Board Member
- Gillette Hall, Board Member
- Judy Linares, Board Member
- Kim Kotnik, Board Member
- Erin Muslera, Board Member
- Michael Paskin, Board Member
Do you want to be part of the PTO Board next school year?
Click here: Board-Self-Nomination-2018-19
Next Board Meeting Agenda
The next meeting of the PTO board will be May 15, 2018.
Download the PTO Meeting Minutes – April 17, 2018
Following is a list of individuals and committees that you may contact regarding various PTO projects and fundraisers.
- After School Enrichment – Judy Linares email@example.com
- Bulletin Boards – Kara Yonker – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wildcat Pride (Annual Appeal) – Michael Paskin email@example.com
- Book Fair – Linda Szumski – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cultural Assemblies – Sara Farrar – email@example.com
- End of Year Celebration – Holly Parker – firstname.lastname@example.org
- eScrip– TBD
- Facilities – Danny Castagnola – email@example.com
- Gift/Magazine Sale – Sarah Matheson – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Great Works of Art – Barry Hollis – email@example.com
- Hospitality – Yolanda Yturralde firstname.lastname@example.org and Geri Barger email@example.com
- Move-a-thon – Tara Haaland-Ford – firstname.lastname@example.org and
- Kelly Ransdell – Kelly Ransdell – email@example.com
- Kindergarten After School Program – Kelly Ransdell – Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lost and Found – Sarah Matheson – email@example.com
- Marquee – Ginny Miller – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Party Book – Kathy Trujillo King – email@example.com
- Playground – Danny Castagnola – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Room Parent Coordinator – Krista Kieding – email@example.com
- Science Night – Brian Campbell – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thank you Notes – Filaree Way – email@example.com
- Walk/Bike to School Day – Kim Stanley – firstname.lastname@example.org
- PTO Website – Jill Fonte – email@example.com
- Back to School Picnic – Brady Charrette – firstname.lastname@example.org and Kristie Chapman – email@example.com
- Wildcat Wear – Tara Haaland-Ford – firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4th Grade Camp Coordinators – TBD
- 5th Grade Camp Coordinators – Mary O’Flynn email@example.com and Holly Parker – firstname.lastname@example.org